The principal part of Barry Denyer-Green's practice concerns compulsory purchase and compensation; his book on the subject, widely used by practitioners, is now in its ninth edition. He appears regularly in the Lands Tribunal, and has appeared in the Court of Appeal, the House of Lords and the Privy Council on cases concerning compensation issues. He was chairman of the Compulsory Purchase Association in 2008-2009. His practice also includes other local government and public highways matters, as well as those concerning landlord and tenant, restrictive covenants, easements, common land, village greens, development agreements, and other aspects of land law and conveyancing.
- LLM (Lond)(1978)
- PhD (Lond)(1987)
- Hon RICS
- Called to the Bar 1972, Middle Temple
- Member of the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions Working Party on compulsory purchase, which resulted in the publication of a report in July 2000 "Fundamental review of the laws and procedures relating to compulsory purchase and compensation".
- Elected Honorary Member of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers
- Thomas Newall Ltd v Lancaster City Council (No.2) Court of Appeal (Civil Division) EWCA Civ 802 UKUT 2 (LC);  R.V.R. 223;  J.P.L. 811 (Disturbance compensation)
- Holliday v Breckland DC Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)  3 E.G.L.R. 95;  49 E.G. 68;  R.V.R. 43;  J.P.L. 116 (basis of compensation under s.237 of Town and Country Planning Act 1990)
- Nottinghamshire and City of Nottingham Fire Authority v Gladman Commercial Properties Ltd Chancery Division, 1 W.L.R. 3235 (late application to rely on witness statement)
- Thomas Newall Ltd v Lancaster City Council Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) UKUT 2 (LC);  R.V.R. 223;  J.P.L. 811 (statutory planning asmptions)
- L&B Holdings Ltd v Brent LBC Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber),  UKUT 24 (LC);  R.V.R. 304 (Costs)
- Union Railways (North) Ltd v Kent CC Court of Appeal (Civil Division), EWCA Civ 363;  P.T.S.R. 90;  30 E.G.L.R. 68;  30 E.G. 68;  R.V.R. 146;  J.P.L. 1607; (Notice to treat)
- Coleman v Ibstock Brick Ltd Court of Appeal (Civil Division),  EWCA Civ 73;  N.P.C. 18 (meaning of minerals)
- Roberts v Swangrove Estates Ltd Chancery Division,  EWHC 513 (Ch);  2 P. & C.R. 17; (manorial rights)
- Dearnley v National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty Court of Appeal (Civil Division), EWCA Civ 995; (alleged nuisance and negligence against canal owner)
- Earl Cadogan v 27/29 Sloane Gardens Ltd Lands Tribunal,  L. & T.R. 18 (leasehold enfranchisement)
- Ocean Leisure Ltd v Westminster City Council  EWCA Civ 970
- Christos v Secretary of State for Tansport CA  EWCA Civ 1073. (where an acquiring authority reneged on an offer to pay a certain price for a property subject to compulsory purchase, whether it was prevented from so reneging by the doctrine of estoppel).
- The Law of Commons and Town and Village Greens. 2nd ed (2006)
- Development and Planning Law (joint author) (4th Ed. 2012)
- Compulsory Purchase and Compensation (10th Ed. July 2013)
- Halsburys Laws of England, Vol 27 on Landlord and Tenant (contributor with others) (1994) published by Butterworths.
- Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents, Vol 16(1), Fences, Boundaries and Party walls (5th Edition, Vol 1995 Reissue); Published by Butterworths
- Atkins Forms: Compulsory Acquisition (2013) published by Nexis Lexis.
- Past Editor of Estates Gazette Law Reports.
- Past Joint Editor Planning Law Reports.